Wednesday 28 June 2017

You take the high road...

Lawrence W. commented on the blog that I should take the high road to Loch Lomond, and I did, but mainly because there isn't a low road. It was an unrelenting climb from Glencoe through the Great Glen for about five miles up to Rannoch Moor, a bleak rather desolate area I remember from the West Highland Way. It was great to receive an encouraging text on the satnav from Gary F just as I took a photo of the summit sign. Shortly afterwards came a superb three or four mile descent at 20-30 mph, almost no traffic, and the sun even came out for a while.
Gary knew where I was from Garmin as did Sue who texted to ask if I was having tea, which I was having reached Tarbet towards the top of Loch Lomond. If you want to follow in that detail just. send me your email address.
Tonight it was haggis, neeps and tatties and a Balvenie malt or two and as soon as this is done it's bedtime.
Tomorrow: Glasgow.
Route and stats
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1824286424?share_unique_id=12







No comments:

Post a Comment