Sunday 21 May 2017

St Albans to Oxford

St Albans to Oxford through the Chilterns again on Saturday and with a precautionary Ibuprofen the knee stood up reasonably well to 50 miles so I'm a bit more hopeful for June 24th, only a month away now.

The satnav took me via the Phoenix Trail, a well-surfaced old railway line between Princes Risborough and Thame - very pleasant riding but not what I was expecting having saved the route from last time, or so I thought. Satnav is a real time-saver allowing you to ride long distances without stopping, but if you go off course you have no context to help you get back on track. The basic route is complete but will need some tidying up and I need to decide what other mapping is necessary and in what format - I am intending to travel as light as possible. So there are still lots of decisions to be made, what to carry, accommodation, and more.

St Albans to Oxford - route

The Phoenix Trail



1 comment: