Monday 29 May 2017

Benington and back

This weekend saw the penultimate decision point - do I feel I can do the ride? - with a final check with the doc in a couple of weeks' time. So two lengthy rides in quick succession were required. Following yesterday's 74 miles the knee felt ok this morning so off I went, this time eastwards past Welwyn Garden City to Watton-at-Stone and Benington, then back through Knebworth and Wheathampstead. The rain held off and it was another pleasant session. Although I can still feel the sensation in the right knee most of the time, with an Ibuprofen before starting to minimise inflammation I wouldn't really call it pain and I was able to complete just over 50 miles. As long as that continues I'm good to go on 24th June. Still so much to sort out, what to take, equally what not to take, is the route ok, having the bike serviced, the list seems endless but it'll get done.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment